The Switzerland-Morocco Foundation for Sustainable Development
(SMFD) has the following observation: Morocco, a country
that has unquestionable advantages (quality of human resources,
low risks of social uprising, flexibility in work contracts,
), is nevertheless going trough a tough economic
Indeed, 7 million young people are living under the poverty
line and more than 100'000 graduates are looking for a job.
This reality made the foundation members eager for action
and they decided to create a Swiss-Moroccan collaboration.
The missions of our Non Governmental Organization (NGO) are:
- To work for projects linked with sustainable development
(economic, ecological and social);
- To raise people's awareness towards sustainable development;
- To create strong partnerships with the private sector and
organizations from the civil society in order to support development
and to decrease poverty;
- To elaborate strategies that give young people a real opportunity
to find a decent job;
- To promote new governance methods based on a better social
- To support scientific observations linked with sustainable
development particularly by collaborating with the specialised
Developing and reinforcing the existing structures in Morocco,
thanks to original and productive initiatives, which will promote
the transfer of the knowledge is the meaningful intention of the
SMFD. The initiatives supported by the SMFD must allow for the
development of underprivileged regions, must support the disadvantaged
people and must create jobs.
The SMFD relies on strong partnerships, either in Switzerland
or internationally, in order to carry out concrete actions in
Morocco. The Moroccan government is a much valued partner for
"The perspective of a better
life for every single Moroccan"